The Dallas Cowboys may be America's team, but they are our hometown stars. So, when Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray called on Three Box to make a difference for North Texas children, we rolled up our sleeves to impact our community.
Dallas Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray had a goal of providing educational resources and assistance to more than 55,000 Dallas-area youth by 2016. DeMarco established the DeMarco Murray Foundation, managed by Prolanthropy, and kicked off fundraising efforts with his first Celebrity Waiter Night on Nov. 4, 2013. With just five days before the event, Prolanthropy contacted Three Box on Oct. 30 for media expertise in the Dallas/Fort Worth market.
Our collective team wanted more than media—we wanted to raise awareness of and donations to the newly formed DeMarco Murray Foundation through Celebrity Waiter Night. Three Box's strategy was to leverage the brand recognition of the Dallas Cowboys and DeMarco Murray to benefit Murray’s new philanthropy. The team went to work, reaching out to our print, television, radio and blogger contacts in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
The Three Box team’s efforts paid off with fantastic coverage of the DeMarco Murray Foundation. Key public relations results include:
- Pre-event coverage by key influencers, including 100.3 FM-Jack FM, 105.3 FM-The Fan, GuideLive/DallasNews.com, 103.7 FM-KVIL and The Landry Hat
- A live shot for CBS 11’s 6 p.m. newscast, as well as multiple clips on all four major Dallas/Fort Worth television news networks: KXAS/NBC5, KDFW/FOX4, KTVT/CBS11 and WFAA/ABC8
- Media attendance and coverage by Fort Worth Star-Telegram, The Landry Hat/SI.com (Sports Illustrated Online), Southlake Journal, Southlake Style and Houston Style Magazine
- A photo feature in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram’s online edition
- Nearly $100,000 donated through the DeMarco Murray Foundation’s inaugural fundraiser