In October 2015, Domino’s unveiled the world’s first purpose-built pizza delivery vehicle: the Domino’s DXP (Delivery Expert). Always on the cutting edge, Domino’s wanted to make a major splash with the national launch of this one-of-a-kind program. Domino’s teamed with Three Box and our Public Relations Global Network (PRGN) affiliates to host a series of DXP launch events in select markets across the country
Domino’s has a reputation for putting a fresh spin on pizza delivery. So, when it was time to launch the Domino’s DXP, they needed a public relations team that could communicate not only a new way to deliver pizza, but also Domino’s innovative approach to technology and transportation. Three Box and our PRGN affiliates had the right mix of consumer and trade media contacts to tell this story to a variety of audiences.
The national Domino’s DXP rollout included events for local media and stakeholders in several U.S. markets. As PRGN’s Texas agency, Three Box led the charge in Dallas, Houston and New Orleans. We worked with local franchisees in each market to plan and promote the DXP launch events, coordinating everything from decorations, entertainment and logistics to community relations, branding and media outreach.
The DXP rolled into Dallas, Houston and New Orleans in style with three successful launch events. Public relations results included:
- 26 DXP vehicles introduced across Texas and Louisiana
- 250-300 event attendees and community members who came to check out the DXPs
- Live interviews during KXAS’s 5:00 and 6:00 a.m. newscasts and pre-event coverage by The Dallas Morning News
- Three DXP pizza deliveries to TV stations in New Orleans and Houston
- Several tweets from key market influencers, including Camille Whitworth from WDSU in New Orleans, DJ Kevin Quinn from KRBE in Houston and Deborah Ferguson from KXAS in Dallas