This installment of “Meet LPR” features our newest team member, Jennifer Kim, who joined the LPR team as operations manager less than a week ago. Welcome, Jennifer! Name: Jennifer Kim Joined LPR: Oct. 4, 2014 Role: Operations Manager
1. Tell us something interesting about yourself that most people might not know. Although I enjoy quality time with my family and a good time out with girlfriends, there are definitely days when all I want to do is stay in bed. I’ll usually watch a classic Audrey Hepburn movie (Breakfast at Tiffany’s is my all-time favorite) or read a good novel. I also love reading articles online or reading travel diaries as I yearn to travel the world one day.
2. What made you want to join the LPR team? Ever since I began working, I have always had a lot of respect for PR firms. If given the opportunity at the right time, I wanted to branch out and learn more about PR. This opportunity came a few months ago, when I saw the Lewis Public Relations job posting for the operations manager position, having experience in the operations aspect of a company, I applied in hopes that I would be of great help of the company and become familiar with the ropes of PR. I also must add that after reading the “Meet LPR" series, I knew this company would be the perfect fit for me.
3. You have a bit of a commute to the office. What is your favorite thing to do while sitting in traffic? I usually like to play some good, soothing music. Whether it is Yo-Yo Ma or Coldplay, anything that will help me prepare for the day ahead adds “oomph” to the start of my day.
4. Operations manager can mean a lot of different things. Tell us about your new role at the agency. As operations manager, my tasks vary from day to day. I set up and maintain systems that will permit a better managed workflow for the company and I manage reports on the budgets of on-going projects.
5. Coffee or tea? Tea! I would never mind enjoying a good coffee but I love tea!
6. You’ve been at LPR for a few days now. Any first impressions you want to share? I am so excited to join the LPR team. Everyone at the office is so kind and welcoming. The office atmosphere is warm and very close-knit. Everyone seems to get along like family, and I am more than ready to bond with the LPR team as their newest member.
When asked one word (or phrase) to describe Jennifer, here’s what her LPR teammates said:
Thorough – “She wants to dig deep into our business and understand exactly what each of us does. We rely on her to keep us focused and equip the team to meet our goals.”
Candid – “From the very start, we were really impressed with Jennifer's honest style. She is confident in her experience and brings fantastic capabilities to our team.”
Sociable – “While I haven't known Jennifer for very long, she is extremely friendly and upbeat. I've noticed that she seems to be a quick learner and believe she will make a good addition to the team.”
Intentional – “Everything Jennifer does is thoughtful and intentional. She truly wants to maximize the potential of the agency.”
Great Fit – “Jennifer has felt like a natural part of the team from day one. She works well with everyone and adds a new dimension to our team.”