* Are you a proactive, confident self-starter?* Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
* Want to work with big-name clients while building an awesome portfolio?
As an intern at Lewis Public Relations (LPR) in Dallas, you'll contribute to public relations counsel and execution for clients – from local to multinational – in a fast-paced and growing agency. We want a smart, motivated public relations student or recent graduate looking for agency experience. In addition to client work, LPR interns are included in strategy and new business pursuits, giving an opportunity to participate at all levels of the agency.
LPR is recognized nationally as a leading independent strategic communications agency, working with companies like ConocoPhillips, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and ALON/7-Eleven. As the Texas office of the Public Relations Global Network, we have international reach and collaboration with 50 agencies around the world. Our team combines the knowledge and experience of a large, multinational agency with the agility and value of an entrepreneurial boutique firm. LPR ranks #21 in the Dallas Business Journal's list of Largest North Texas Public Relations Firms.
This paid summer internship is 20-30 hours per week with opportunity to grow. If you’re up to the challenge, please fill out an application here. The top of the page will say “Lewis Public Relations Career Software.” Please follow the directions and complete the entire application process, selecting the Intern position, to be considered.
CORE TASKS and DUTIES
* Drafting content for a wide variety of media, including news releases, marketing materials, social media, web content, etc.
* Managing editorial calendars and media opportunities
* Contributing to communications strategy development for broad programs and specific projects
* Coordinating logistics for events
* Conducting research and supporting new business activities for the agency
* Collaborating with creative team to develop content for print, video and web collateral
* Utilizes good judgment in all work and activities
* Responsible for day-to-day client delivery activities
* Keeps other agency members routinely informed of account status and actively engages other team members when client situations warrant
* Recommends application of agency resources (people, facilities, relationships) to accomplish client objectives
* Procures products and services needed to fulfill client requirements on approval of a senior staff member
* Contributes to discussions involving the overall direction of the agency
* Contributes to development of and assists in the production of new business programs and proposals
* Participates in the agency's social media efforts, with guidance from other team members
* Takes on special projects, as assigned
All candidates must complete LPR’s career application at http://bit.ly/1tqGHk0.