** Post-Graduate Public Relations Intern **
Lewis Public Relations is now accepting applicants for a paid public relations internship in the agency’s North Dallas office. Interviews will begin August 1 with the successful candidate joining the team in mid-August.
- Write for a wide range of communications outlets, including traditional media, social media and the web
- Develop and maintain media lists
- Identify and manage editorial calendars
- Develop and use pitch materials to create or respond to media opportunities
- Participate in agency/client brainstorms
- Monitor and track media
- Develop and maintain clip reports
- Participate in team and client meetings
- Assist with research for new business opportunities and client presentations
- Execute administrative project management responsibilities
- Recent college graduate with a bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations or related field
- Experience in one or more previous public relations internships
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work on a variety of projects
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office; entry- to intermediate-experience in social media and media list management applications; capability to apply AP style to writing assignments essential
The successful post-graduate intern will be encouraged to apply for a staff position at the conclusion of the internship program.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Interviews will be held via the telephone and personal meetings in Dallas, Texas. Application deadline is 5 p.m. August 5, 2011. Applicants must be available for a minimum of 10 consecutive weeks to be considered. No phone calls, please.
About Lewis Public Relations
Lewis Public Relations delivers public, media and community relations programs and services to a wide variety of clients and subject areas, including agriculture, association management, nonprofit organizations, real estate, risk management and insurance, technology, telecommunications and transportation. For more information, visit www.lewispublicrelations.com.